Excited to sit down after the babe is asleep and ‘chat’ with you all! God is always up to something good, and don’t you just sense that in the air? The smell of fall, the hardships that are turning into beautiful things, and my sweet baby that is now crawling. Oh. my. goodness. Can’t even believe it, but being a mom is by FAR the best job ever!
So, on to the post. We’re doing a book club – yay! I know I’m getting this out late to those in the cyber-world, but a serious infection + new baby and time flies. There is a small group of friends that are going to be chatting about the book Own Your Life and have started reading already, but I am eager to have others join if you’d like! We’ll be doing a live FB chat party on my NBG blog FB page every other Thursday night at 8 pm ET. All you have to do is buy the book, and chat along with us. If you’d like to join my email list, I’ll send along some other resources and links as well.
Thus far, we have read the Intro and Chapter 1, as well as discussed that in a local group. But do not fear, we are planning to have our live chat party next Thursday at 8 pm, at this link (my blog FB page) to discuss chapters 2 and 3, and we’ll probably jump back into some of the previous content as well. So you haven’t missed much and please do still join us!
I love, love the author, Sally’s, focus on intentional living. It applies to every area of life and if you’re a guy out there reading, you are welcome too, because leaving a godly legacy applies to us all. Sally talks a lot about accepting the circumstances we are in, learning to be content and work out our ‘life puzzle’, but not become stagnant and give in to mediocrity. She has an amazing way of challenging but in an encouraging way. You won’t regret reading the book, even if you can’t join us!
Now for the weekend goodies:
Recipes I’ve been enjoying:
- Hearty Broccoli Soup
- No Bake Coffee Banana Energy Bites (a.k.a. cookie balls around here) (I subbed Dandy Blend for the coffee – which is a great thing to add to your pantry if you are trying to quit the coffee habit!)
- Golden Milk Latte
Books I’ve been reading:
Fun things to do with a baby or child:
- Can Do Kiddo
- Slow and Steady Get Me Ready
- Get on the floor and giggle together because everything is funny to little P! 🙂 Can I just add how blessed I am? This baby came straight from heaven!
What I’m listening to (UPDATED):
- My favorite new artist (and dear friend) is releasing an album soon!! Don’t miss it. You’ll be very sad. I actually might be sad for you too – it’s that good!
- Hillary Scott’s Thy Will Be Done (can’t get enough of this)
- Sally Clarkson’s podcast for our Own Your Life study. Subscribe on iTunes or whatever podcast service you use or just link to this page for each new episode. Podcasts for this book started back in May, but I’ll update you on which ones correspond with the chapters we’re reading. Check out this one and this one for our upcoming FB chat.
That’s all for now, friends. Have a great weekend! Bring on the pumpkins, I say. 🙂